Homeless youth

Homeless youth
People we don't see.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Get pumped up!


Having begun the series on social media and what has worked for our agency, I am working on the next post which is about our use of (and success with) Twitter. Then of course life happens and I have decided to switch that around a bit.

I am sitting at my desk with my coffee, Black Eyed Peas playing ("I Gotta Feeling"), and getting excited about an agency site tour I am doing in a little while with some student bloggers from the University of Colorado here in Boulder.

My thoughts have been on my fellow fundraisers this morning. In order for us to rock-n-roll with fundraising, and to be successful with the ideas I present here, it is vital that we take care of ourselves. It is vital that we connect with people and causes that inspire us. For me personally it is vital to have a passion for the work that my agency does. It's vital for me to get pumped up about fundraising, which is why the Black Eyed Peas are playing in my office.

So for this blog post, I want to look at ourselves as fundraisers and make sure we are taking care of ourselves. Do you feel inspired? Do you feel pumped? Or are you exhausted and need a break? Can you take a walk at lunch time or perhaps meet with a peer over coffee outside of the office this afternoon? Can you meet with a client that your agency serves so you can be reminded of your agency's vital work?

This blog, Fundraising for Free!, is all about sharing experiences that have worked for me in my role as a fundraiser in the hopes that I can help others who fundraise or are working for their favorite cause in some way. Before we can totally rock for our cause, we need to look in the mirror and make sure all is well with us first.

Take a look. Take care of yourself. Whoever you fundraise for depends on you to totally rock it!

As always, I would love to hear from you!

By the way, camping is one way I take care of myself. This photo is from a camping trip we took last summer at Seven Mile State Park in Colorado. Suga is in the photo with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment